Monday, December 12, 2011

How do you change a battery in a 2001 Grand Am? See Details?

Ok well I need to know if it's an easy job or should I get a garage to do it?



If it's an easy job can you tell me how to do it step by step?



also How do I find out what type of battery I need for my Grand Am?



thanksHow do you change a battery in a 2001 Grand Am? See Details?
I have an easy way for this to be done. drive the car to an auto parts store and when you tell them what car you have they will get you the right battery and install it for you. for example autozone or equivalent. If the car won't run you need to open the hood, take the bar off that covers the battery. Take the battery hold down off. and take the terminals loose. Make sure you take the negative off first, then lift the battery out. By the way you do not have the eco tech motor.How do you change a battery in a 2001 Grand Am? See Details?
If its a eco tech engine its really simple you would need just and 8mm wrench and just make sure you tie the batt back down when your done.



If its the v6 engine still kinda simple just a little more time is envolved with removing the frame support. If you have a small socket set shouldnt take so long. Or even better you could just take it to your local parts store and they can do it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment