Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change the battery in my Ford Mustang 2004 Mach 1?

I have a 2004 mustang mach 1 and I'm trying to change the battery. I've never worked on cars that much, but I know how to do basic maintenance. I unscrewed the bolts to the electrical leads on the top of the positive and negative switches on the battery and took them off. I can't seem to find what is holding the battery down. I looked around and I don't see any bolts securing the battery, but I know there has to be something. How do I get the battery out? Does anyone know?



Thanks so much for your help!How do I change the battery in my Ford Mustang 2004 Mach 1?
at the bottom of the battery there's should be a hold down clamp on it,if it doesn't have one on the top of it ,its on the bottom ,remove it and the battery will come out,good luck on it.How do I change the battery in my Ford Mustang 2004 Mach 1?
your welcome.

Report Abuse


DUDE!! THAT WAS A PAIN. My original battery was 8 years old. So the screws were all rusty. Including the one in the bracket underneath the battery.

Bottom line is, make sure you dont flattened the end of your screws otherwise you wont be able to take out either the cables or the bracket holding the

Report Abuse


on my 2000 altima i had the same problem try looking around t the base of the battery there might be a small piece of something holding it in try that
many times there is a retaining clip/bolt on thebottom...but the best thing you can do is look in the owners manual for stuff, you would be surprised how much general maintenence is in it.
theres ususally a little piece of plastic holding it down on the bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment