Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to change the battery on my cheap watch?

I need to replace the battery on my petite Carriage watch by Timex. Sure I could buy a new one; this one was $20. But it's hard to find an inexpensive analog watch this small that fits my wrist. I bought the battery at Target, but they refuse to actually put the battery in for customers. They suggested using a nail file or eyeglass repair kit. Bottom line, I can't even seem to find any opening in the back of the watch where I CAN try to pry it open. I no longer have any info on the watch, if I ever did. Any thoughts would be appreciated!How to change the battery on my cheap watch?
If you buy the battery at Radio Shack they will install it for free.How to change the battery on my cheap watch?
throw it away. the thing is. they are not meant to last that long, and that is why they have no way to replace battery. its one time use. sorry
That's weird last time I went to Target they were more then happy to replace the battery for me, maybe try a different Target. Or a jeweler.
Put it on floor, hammer it just once.... and it'll all open up.. then go to market and get a new one. That's the easiest, cheapest and most time-saving act to do.
I always go to Walmart. They change the battery right there for you and it's only about $2.95. Well worth the hassle.
I will tell you I searched for 2 months for a battery for my watch I had, had for like 5 years. I never found that size battery and finally gave up because it was wasting my time. I think you need to give up on finding a battery and just treat youself to a new watch.
Sears or any jeweler will change a watch battery for about $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment