Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you change the battery on my keyless entry remote for a 2004 Volkswagen Jetta?

My remote still works but aftering pressing the lock button about 10 to 15 times, and my drivers side door will not lock manually without the remote. Does this mean the battery is going dead? If so can I change it myself or do I need to take it to the dealership?How do you change the battery on my keyless entry remote for a 2004 Volkswagen Jetta?
this seems to be it for a 2004. good website for VW

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?%26amp;i







answer to replace in a 2001.

http://userfs.cec.wustl.edu/~lrr1/vwremoHow do you change the battery on my keyless entry remote for a 2004 Volkswagen Jetta?
Taking it to the dealership is the best option if you're clueless.



Modern technology doesn't always beat the old fashion way.
TAKE IT TO THE DEALER AND HE WILL EXCHANGE IT FREE.ITS A SEALED UNIT GREY OWL
the key portion and the remote are 2 separate pieces. you need to pull apart the key side and the remote side it will pull in half. once you have done that take the key side of it and pry in between on the side and it will come apart.the battery is inside of one of the halves.

No comments:

Post a Comment